Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rainy Day Playlist

It's raining. And dark. And cold. These kept me warm and inspired whilst I attempted to clear my long assignment list when all I wanted to do is get back under the covers.
  • Snow Patrol: Late Night Tales...not what you'd expect if you didn't know Snow Patrol apart from Chasing Cars, Signal Fire or Run. All these are beautiful songs, but there's so , so much more. Snow Patrol, or in this case Gary Lightbody and Tom Simpson, know what time it is. This compilation is a chill, warm, groove. Liner notes from Bill Brewster.
  • Mike Watt: Ball Hog or Tugboat...yeah!
  • 3rd Bass: The Cactus Revisited...yeah!
  • Dusty Springfield: Dusty in Memphis...oooh yeah...
As inspired by Late Night Tales, I wanted to listen to A Tribe Called Quest's Midnight Marauders, but I couldn't find it-my darkest secret is that all my music is no longer in alphabetical order.

No comments:

Post a Comment